People use muscle stimulator for various reasons. Some have jobs that make their muscles tense and need something to alleviate the pain, while other use a device that trains their muscles and makes them fit. No matter what is the purpose, the point is that muscle stimulators are quite popular nowadays, which is why manufacturers work relentlessly on improving them and adding new features.
What is electric muscle stimulation?
You may have heard of it, but you do not know what it does. It is a very common question, and honestly, I appreciate people who do a little research before making a purchase. Otherwise, how do you know that you need EMS or how to use it? Electric muscle stimulation is a process in which electric impulses are used to stimulate the muscles. By stimulating them, the impulse forces them to contract. This process is mostly used for muscle development, but you can use such a device for therapeutic purposes as well.
What are the benefits of electric muscle stimulation?
There are multiple benefits of using an electric muscle stimulator. You may have heard about some of them, but there are others who may come as news to you. The main thing to remember here is that there are positive effects that result from electric muscle stimulation. Here are a few of them.
- à The re-education of the muscles – there are cases in which people fall sick or have accidents, and as a result, they do not use their muscles for a long period of time. That means the muscles will ‘forget’ how to function. Electric muscle stimulation is used in the early stages of rehabilitation. The device will rebuildbasic tone and strength by forcing those muscles to contract. The process is coordinated to re-establish the link between the brain and the movements. Only after muscle stimulation, the patients can move forward to a more intense physical training. That way, the muscles will return to their initial strength. This therapy also works with patients who suffered brain damage, and they need to rewire their brain in order to move.
- à Prevention of muscle atrophy–you probably heard about muscle atrophy. It means that the muscle is losing mass as a result of various medical conditions. Electric muscle stimulation slows down the process of atrophy and prevents it by keeping the muscles active. As a matter of fact, this practice is also accepted by the Food and Drug Association.
- à Osteoarthritis- we all have heard about this disease. It can be debilitating, and it is caused by damage to the joint tissues. Lucky for people who suffer from this, electric muscle stimulation can be of great help. Studies show that EMS is an important component in the physical therapy of elderly people who go through total hip arthroplasty surgery. Not to mention that another effect is the strengthening of the knee extensor muscles.
- à Pressure sores – pressure sores are conditions developed by people who are bound to a wheelchair or bed. There are countless such cases, and in some of them, people are left with deformities. However, an electrical muscle stimulator can prevent that from happening. The stimulation is applied to the gluteus maximuson patients who are bound to a wheelchair, and the results are stunning. Not only that the muscle stimulator will ‘cure’ the existing negative effects, but it will prevent other damages from happening.
- à Muscle tone – I saved this for last because it has little significance comparing to the other uses. Many people do not agree with me, but you can tone your muscles by exercising. You cannot prevent pressure sores, for example, any other way. Although many people use the electric muscle stimulator to train their bodies, doctors recommend that you use the muscle stimulator together with regular exercise, and not on its own. If you expect amazing result just from sitting on your couch with an electric stimulator attached to your muscles, you will not enjoy the results you dream of, and you will be very disappointed.
How to choose the best muscle stimulator
If you decide that you do need an electric muscle stimulator, then there are a few things you need to consider before making a purchase. Buying a random device may be the worst thing you could do, which is why you need to know exactly what you are buying. Here is what you should look for.
- à Function –the first thing you need to know is that there are two types of electric stimulators. First, there is the EMS, which you already know what it is, and then there is TENS. TENS stands for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation. The first one stimulates the muscles, while the second stimulates the nerves. It is very important to make the difference, because TENS will focus more on your nerves, and the stimulation will keep the pain signals from getting to your brain. So you need EMS for muscles and TENS for pain relief.
- à The number of pads – muscles stimulators come in various models. The number of pads is up to you, but I recommend four pads or higher. That is if you want results. Two pads seem a bit too mild, and may not get the job done in the timeframe that you want. As long as you have at least four, you will see some positive results no matter what issue you may have.
- à Modes – in order to get the best results on a particular part of your body, the device must know what part is stimulating. That is why it would be best if you chose a model with multiple modes.
- à Levels of intensity – not all conditions and uses require the same level of stimulation. In some cases, a higher level may be recommended, while sometimes you may need a lower one. That is why I recommend that you purchase an electric muscle stimulator that comes with multiple levels of intensity. Also, not all people can handle the same level, so if you buy something that is too strong for you, you may have to send the product back, and that is not something you want.
- à FDA approval – that is not a must, but most of the people feel safer if the product they buy is FDA approved. The result is not guaranteed either way, but the fact that the muscle stimulator passed some FDA tests may make you feel more secure and comfortable about your choice. Keep in mind, though, that there are high-quality products out there that are not FDA approved but still have the ability to resolve your issue.
What are the best muscle stimulators?
There are numerous models on the market. However, do not buy the first one that comes in a Google search. Do some research, read some muscle stimulator reviews so that you know that your money is well spent! Here are three excellent suggestions.
HeathMate Forever YK15AB Electronic Pulse Massager
The HeathMate is an excellent muscle stimulator. It is one of the best on the market, and it is very popular. Thousands of buyers are more than satisfied with their purchase. It is an FDA approved muscle stimulator that is of great help in various circumstances. It comes with 15 modes like the neck, shoulder, back, elbow, hip, and several others. The LCD display will show you all the modes, and the time left on your cycle.
The HealthMate is both an EMS and a TENS. It has a patented design suitable for boomers, elders, and any other people that may need it. Since elder people will be using this model, the LCD screen is backlit for more visibility. The device comes with four pads, which is not too much or too little. The 20 levels of intensity will allow you to set the device to a bearable level. That will help you evolve in time at a comfortable pace. Your nerves and muscles will be stimulated optimally.
This device is very easy to use. The controls will help you set the mode and the level of intensity. You have a timer to monitor your sessions. The default cycle is 80 minutes, but you can stop at any time. If you want to use it again, all you have to do is switch the unit off and then back on. Other features include 9 auto stimulation programs, 6 selectable massage settings, and high-frequency pulses for pain relief. Keep in mind, though, that if you have the following conditions, you must ask your doctor if you can use the HealthMate: infectious disease, tumors, pregnancy, heart diseases, high fever, abnormal blood pressure, skin conditions. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
CNXUS TENS Unit and Muscle Stimulator
The CNHUS is yet another muscle stimulator that will help you regain strength in your muscles, and the TENS mode will relieve your pain wherever you may have it. It has 12 pre-programmed modes. You can choose from knocking, kneading, shiatsu, and more. Unlike other devices, the CNXUS has totally different modes rather than slightly different modes. It can help you with pain associated with fatigued muscles, sores, aches, pain in your waist, back, neck, buttocks, and much more. Even if you just have tired muscles from work, you can still use this muscle stimulator to make you feel better.
This device has two outputs, but each of them has 100% power. Even if you use a single output, the device will work at its entire capacity. You can also adjust the intensity in both outputs. For example, some people prefer a certain intensity in their neck and a different intensity on their shoulders. That is entirely possible at the same time. Moreover, since the wires are 1.5 meters long, two people can use the device at the same time.
The 20 levels of intensity will provide the precise comfort you need. The timer can be set for 10 to 60 minutes. The default timer is 20 minutes. The LCD screen will display everything you need to know. The Li-Ion battery is safe and portable, and it lasts up to 10 hours. The 4 pads are high-quality, they will not come off, and you will receive 4 additional pads for future uses. This product is an FDA approved muscle stimulator so that you do not have to worry about your safety. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Sumgott Electronic Pulse Massager
The Sumgott device is just as good as the other two muscle stimulators. It has the ability to relieve pain in your back, neck, shoulders, ankles, wrists, and much more. It has 16 pre-programmed modes, and you can choose from knocking, acupuncture, shiatsu, rubbing, vibration, and knocking. The 20 levels of intensity will allow for you to choose a comfortable level so that you can bear the sessions with ease.
This device is very small, which makes it portable. It is also very quiet, and you can take it anywhere. The backlit display will ensure visibility, and all the information you need about your session will be displayed at all times.
The muscle stimulator from Sumgott comes with two outputs and 8 self-adhesive gel pads. You can apply them in different areas at the same time, and the dual output design will allow you to set different modes and different levels of intensity. The product is FDA approved, so you can use it without worries. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
It is difficult to choose from three excellent products, but if I had to, I would go with the HeathMate Forever YK15AB Electronic Pulse Massager. It has a perfect number of pads, it has plenty of modes and levels of intensity, and people have only good things to say about it. For that reason, I believe that the HealthMate is one of the best muscle stimulators on the market. I tend to trust the reviews I see online because the people who already bought this product are the most qualified to tell me if it is worth the investment or not.
I think it is amazing that we no longer have to visit a chiropractor or a physical therapist for our muscle sores and aches. We are now able to do all that at home, in the comfort of our bed or couch. Electric stimulators are amazing devices that will save you a lot of pain, and whichever product you choose, you will be happy with your decision. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Electrical Stimulation Exposed
- Secret Solutions to Stim Machine Discovered
- The Nuiances of Electric Stimulation
- New Questions About Muscle Stimulator Machine Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- What Absolutely Everyone Is Saying About Electrical Muscle Stimulation and What You Need to Do
- The Ultimate Solution for Electronic Muscle Stimulator You Can Learn About Today
- The Advantages of Electric Muscle Stimulator
- What Everyone Else Does When It Comes to Muscle Stimulator and What You Should Be Doing Different
- The War Against Tens Machine
- Up in Arms About Tens Unit?
- Be the First to Read What the Experts are Saying About Ems Device
- Finding the Best Ems Muscle
- Get the Scoop on Estim Therapy Before You’re Too Late
- The Importance of Muscle Electrical Stimulation
- Why Absolutely Everyone Is Talking About Stim Therapy and What You Should Do
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About E Stim Machine and How It Can Affect You
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Electric Muscle Toner Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- The Hidden Truth on Electronic Stimulation Exposed
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Electrical Stimulation Therapy
- Underrated Concerns About Ems Machine That You Should Read About
- Secrets About Electro Stimulation Therapy Uncovered
- The Hidden Truth About Best Ems Machine
- Warning Signs on E Stim Therapy You Need to Be Aware Of
- Rumors, Deception and Electro Stimulation Muscle
- Un-Answered Issues With Electric Muscle Stimulation Machine Disclosed
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Tens Muscle Stimulator…The Simple Truth Revealed
- The Essentials of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation You Can Benefit From Beginning Immediately
- The 5-Minute Rule for Electrical Stimulation Machine
- Shortcuts to Ems Muscle Stimulator That Only Handful of People Know About
- The True Story About Electrical Muscle Stimulation Devices That the Experts Don’t Want You to Hear
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Electric Stimulation Machine
- The New Fuss About Electrical Muscle Stimulation Machine
- The Little-Known Secrets to Electrotherapy
- The Pitfall of Electrostimulation